Sunday, October 12, 2008

It's a Boy!

We had a new addition to our family early (VERY early) Saturday morning, and it's a boy. ACJ (to be known hereafter as A2) was born at 12:31 am and was about half a pound bigger than A (to be known hereafter as A1) and nearly 2 inches longer. Labor went well for me - I only had to push for less than 5 minutes this time! The OB staff was very impressed by how quickly everything went, and the nursing staff was delighted by how quickly I recovered. We were able to come home late last night.

Mom and A2

Dad and A2

A1 and A2

A1 has completely fallen in love with her little brother. She is very gentle around him and loves picking out which clothes he should wear. So far the transition to big sister has been going well for her. R is back on call, but we hope to spend some quality time with him next weekend. I'm recovering well.
We wouldn't have been able to do all this without the help of my sister and her fiance, who came out to stay with A1 while R and I were in the hospital. Thank you so much, Erin and Ryan!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Yeah! Another beautiful baby for you guys! I am glad that labor went so well. Good luck with recovery and adjusting! We are very happy for you guys.

Thank heaven for little girls said...

Congrats!!! With my third the recovery was fast too. With the 4th it's even faster. Wish you all the best!! Give little A a big kiss from us.

k1 said...

Nice job! I'm glad everything went well! And I really like the name you guys decided on.

jenny.hawkes said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful (you can say that about a baby boy, right?)!

Dallen Jensen said...

Dont forget about D1 who drove E and R to LA to watch A1 while L had A2... anyone else confused?

Alisha said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everybody is doing good.

Wendy Keck said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy Keck said...

Congratulations to your new addition! Austin is adorable and his big sister looks very proud. Best wishes to all of you.

Hope you are enjoying your new home!

Wendy Keck