Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Big 30!

My birthday was a couple of days ago. I'm now officially 30. I feel very old, but not quite as old as my grandmother, who claims to have been 107 since I was about 3 years old. When I can claim that, then I'll be old, I guess.

R gave me the best birthday present: a Jet Stream convection oven. We had one when we lived in New York, and I have missed it dearly. It cooks just like an oven in the time of a microwave; it can "fry" foods like a deep fryer without any oil; it can reheat food so it's crispier (and occasionally fresher tasting) then when it was originally made. It is the most amazing appliance ever! I highly recommend it to everyone.

A1 and A2 gave me their own little presents. A1 learned the words to "Happy Birthday To You" and insisted on singing it to me at least 10 times (so cute!). A2 learned how to smile on command. I was able to capture the smile on camera after a lot of encouragement and even more shots (hurray for digital photography):


So it was a great birthday. I just have to get used to the fact that I'm no longer in my 20s - I'll get there; it may just take 10 years or so!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

Happy Birthday! You are going to love being 30. Great job to Rick on the cool present. A2 looks so cute!

carla said...

Happy Birthday!!!

jenny.hawkes said...

Happy birthday! A2 is adorable!

k1 said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday! I just wanted to let you know that there is now snow on the ground in Rochester. Go ahead and gloat.