Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Christmas 2010

For the first time in our lives, we did not have Christmas with family. We stayed home and had a quiet celebration all by ourselves. To get into the Christmas spirit, the kids helped me decorate the house with a tree, a wreath, and stockings - all made out of construction paper and taped to the wall because we have no room for real decorations. Then we had to make Christmas cookies, a must-have tradition from my family.
Please notice that the kids have more frosting on their faces than on their cookies - another must-have Christmas tradition!
Our extended family sent presents, and R and I were able to collect enough gifts throughout the year that we were able to give the kids a very merry Christmas indeed.The kids' favorite part of Christmas turned out to be a gift meant only for A2. I mean, what boy can grow up without lightsabers?And my favorite part was quietly spending time as a family and being able to focus on the Savior, rather than on trying to see everybody and get everything done. I think I might like this new Christmas tradition.

No comments: