Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thanksgiving 2012


Our first Thanksgiving in our house!  Of course, I had to decorate.  I think these are my favorite decorations so far.  I wanted to just sit in this room and enjoy the feeling of the bright beautiful colors.
R was on call over Thanksgiving weekend, so I packed the kids into the van and took off for the grandparents' houses.  We all had a great time visiting for a few days.  Grandma Jensen gave A1 a bunch of fun educational papers (word searches and such) that she had collected over the years.  So she disappeared behind her pencils and crayons for the rest of the trip.

A2, on the other hand, wanted to be right in the action.  He helped Grandpa Blackburn prepare Thanksgiving dinner.
He made perfect mashed potatoes.
L2 kept Grandma busy teaching her how to play on her iPhone.  He had a great time with Grandma.
And then croup hit!  A1 and A2 were out of commission for the rest of the trip and a few days after we got back.  Luckily L2 didn't get sick.  But that drive home was not fun!  I don't think I want to do that alone again.  We'll just have to save up our pennies so we can fly next time we go on vacation, I think.

No comments: