Thursday, September 25, 2008

San Diego

My mom was in San Diego last week for a medical conference. A and I couldn't resist the chance to spend some time with her, so we made the 120 mile trek. We then forced her to play hookie for one of the days of the conference so that we could take her to the beach. Grandma built A a nest in the sand, which A used as a dancing stage:

I don't know how that girl can be so cute! She is growing up so fast and already thinking that she is too cool for anything but the beach.

I guess we need more people to visit us to give us an excuse to go to the beach more often!

The medical conference was wonderful. A and I spent a lot of time in the exhibition hall getting all the free stuff they offered (anything from pens and post-it pads to grapes and yogurt). We also went to a few classes with Grandma (I'm all up-to-date on the new antibiotics and what vaccines are best for pertussis, if you have any questions!). Amazingly A was an angel during the classes, especially when they offered her chocolate cake (I love medical conferences!).

We are so glad that we were able to spend time with my mom. Thanks for letting us join you in San Diego, Grandma!

No comments: