Sunday, February 1, 2009

Anything You Can Do, I Can Do Better!

Our two kids are growing up so fast, especially A2. He wants to sit up, even though he doesn't have the physical ability to hold himself up yet. So we have to come up with creative ways to prop him up so that he feels like he is sitting up on his own.

Not to be outdone, A1 wants to show that she can do anything that A2 can do, only one step better. So she gets to sit up to the table, while he merely sits in a high chair.
And A2's newest trick finally caught on tape!


As soon as I pulled out the camera and started shooting, A1 had to prove that she can also roll over just as well as A2 and deserved just as much applause as he did.

What makes a child so competitive? What can I do to show that I'm proud of A2's accomplishments without A1 proving that she's better? What have you done for your younger children?

2 comments:

jenny.hawkes said...

Love it! It is so fun to watch kids grow and learn new things, and their excitement about discovering new abilities is contagious. As far as competition goes, I guess she takes after her mommy =) (I'm remembering intramural soccer at BYU)

k1 said...

This works with W1...

When L1 is doing something new, I talk to W1 about it, how we are so happy L1 can walk, feed himself, etc. And I get W1 to cheer for L1 with me. Then, L1 and I cheer W1's accomplishments.

Like everything else, it is hit and miss, but it works sometimes!