Monday, July 21, 2008

Church Callings and the Governator

Yesterday was an action-packed Sunday. A and I were on our own for Church, as R was on call. The bishop asked me to come to his office, and we all know what that means: calling! I was afraid that he was going to call me to the nursery (they released the nursery leader yesterday), but it turns out that I get two easier callings. I am now the pianist for Relief Society and the Temple Liaison (not the Temple Coordinator, which is a whole different calling). This means two things for me: I need to find myself a cheap electronic keyboard so that I can practice piano (I don't think I've played since my mission), and I have to find out what a Temple Liaison is (from what I understand, my biggest responsibility is to set up some kind of babysitting for Stake Temple Night). This also means something for A: she needs to get really comfortable in nursery so that I can go to Relief Society. Yesterday was the first time we've left her with just the nursery teachers, and she seemed to do pretty well - no crying, just shy and withdrawn. She'll get better over time.

On another, almost completely opposite, note, we went to a BBQ with some of the other anesthesiology residents. It seems that one of the residents is from here, and his parents have quite a bit of money. We went to their house, situated up a small canyon overlooking LA. The food was great and the view was breathtaking! As part of the "tour," they pointed to a really large house just across the way: "That's Arnold Schwarzenegger's house." Yep, we had dinner with the Governator's neighbors.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

So cool! I'm glad to see you guys are having a good time in LA. Good luck with the callings