Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hair Style #12

I started this one as a "hair headband" with just one progressive ponytail across her head, but the one fountain coming off the side looked a little silly, so I made two rows. By putting a diagonal part between the two rows, the fountains are approximately the same distance from the front of the head. As I did this hairdo a couple of days before Halloween, we decorated A1's hair appropriately, but this could be decorated in any way or with no decorations at all!
top view
front view

A little tip for those of you who would like to try this: section off each row and the back of the hair (that is left hanging down) and hold it in a rubber band while you work, then do the back progressive ponytail before the front progressive ponytail (basically you're working with the middle section of hair while the two outer sections are held in rubber bands).

3 comments:

Steve and Tracie Jensen Family said...

WOW... Lauren your becoming quite the hair stylist! Do you get your ideas from a website called "The story of a princess and her hair"? I get a lot of ideas from it and yours look very similar. Cute flower bows you have inspired me I've been wanting to make those for a while, you'll have to talk me through it!

jenny.hawkes said...

Amazing! Once Abby has a bit more hair, I'll try some of these.

Juli said...

I don't get it! HOW do you get her to sit still while you do all of this?! Natalie barely tolerates me clipping her bangs out of her face!

So, so cute, though =).