Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and Black Friday

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We had a great holiday, spent with Uncle Gary and Aunt Debbie and some of their friends. Thank you for inviting us to spend the holiday with you.

R had to work all Thanksgiving day (darn those people who continue to need medical care on holidays; why can't they just miraculously be better just so I can have a nice time?!), so we had our own Thanksgiving on Saturday. It was wonderful, and I'm still enjoying many leftovers!

I am grateful for a fantastic family who would do anything for each other, for loving children who continue to amaze me everyday, for a wonderful husband who is working so hard just so we can have a better life in the future. I am grateful to be a part of the true gospel and to have God's influence guiding my life. We are very blessed.

Cheers and Boos for Black Friday:

Cheers for online sales! We got most of our Black Friday shopping done Thursday morning (I know - Black Friday shopping on Thursday doesn't sound right to me either).

Cheers to Best Buy for putting their doorbusters online so that I didn't have to stand in line for hours with two cranky children.

Cheers to Toys R Us, where I picked up the very last princess toy for A1 available. Or maybe that's just cheers to me for happening to see it sitting there far away from the aisle where it should have been and, therefore, no one else saw it. Either way!

Boos to Kohl's for having the most perfect skirt available in stores, but not online. It wasn't just an "in-store only" special that was full price online. They actually have no record of the perfect skirt at all online.

Overall this Black Friday was a positive experience as I didn't have to fight any crowds other than the kids yelling for my time while I was on the computer.

No comments: