Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Another Awesome Vacation - Day 3

Disneyland really took it out of us, so Day 3 was dedicated to relaxing. We slept in, then we went to the beach. This was the first time Casey had been to a beach on the West Coast and the first time that Carmen had been to a beach at all. Don't worry, we showed them the ropes.

We played in the waves......and Grandma showed the kids how to make a sand castle......and we buried ourselves in the sand......and we just plain old relaxed.(I think I have a picture of my dad sleeping at the beach for every time he has visited us in California. I may have to make a collage for him!)

We ate at a great burger joint and played a new card game that my parents recently found, Dominion. I have now asked for that game for Christmas because it's just that much fun to play.

Thanks, Alison and Casey and Carmen, for spending your first California vacation with us. I'm really glad I was here for the first visits to Disneyland and the beach. And thanks, Grandma and Grandpa, for joining us on this vacation. It was magical.

And Grandpa is and always will be the girls favorite.

No comments: