Thursday, November 18, 2010

PreK Field Trips

A1 loves her new school so much. They recently went on a couple of field trips, and I was able to go with her on one of them.


We went to the Santa Monica Aquarium to learn about marine life. The kids had a blast touching sea slugs and seaweed.They learned about keeping the environment clean so that they don't adversely affect the marine life.They practiced scientific learning by using all five senses (well, four senses, then they watched as one of the Aquarium workers "tasted" for them) to study a sea star (that's right, they're called sea stars, not star fish. I learned something on this field trip too!).Then we just happened to be on the Pier as a parade of 100 motorcyclists and old-fashioned police cars came past. The kids loved waving at all the noisy vehicles and having these huge, burly bikers wave happily at them in return.A great day at the Santa Monica Pier!


They also went to the Santa Ana Zoo, but I wasn't allowed to go on the field trip because I volunteered for the first one. I guess we parents have to take turns having fun with our kids! What a great school to take these preschoolers on great and educational field trips.

1 comment:

Juli said...

Lauren, I just read your comment on my blog and my jaw dropped. You're right. How did we not see you guys when we were in LA?! I feel like we totally dropped the ball and I'm so sad! That would have been so great. I guess now we have a good excuse to make another trip to CA in the near future ;-).
I hope you guys are doing well!!

Love, Juli