Monday, April 16, 2012

A2 Turns 3

A2 turned 3 this past October. When I asked what he wanted to do for his birthday party, he immediately said that he wanted to have a Super Why! party. He never wavered from this (which he often does when making important decisions like the theme of a birthday), so I decided to do it right. Can I just tell you that I am so proud of what I did for this birthday? I think this is the best birthday party I've ever thrown!

We start with the invitations. I made them to look like Super Why's Super Duper Computer. Don't they look cute?

I also made the birthday cake look like the Super Duper Computer. I'm pretty proud of this non-fondant decorated cake.
Unfortunately, one cake would not be enough for the entire neighborhood that A2 wanted to invite to the party. So I also decorated cupcakes in the easiest manner possible - colored characters on sticks!
The kids used their Mega Magnifying Glasses to search for Super Letters to find the Secret Message.
(An unexpected part of the Secret Message was the parents all playing Wheel of Fortune trying to figure out the message as I taped the Super Letters to the banner. I'm glad that we could entertain both children and adults alike.)

Happy Birthday, A2! You are such a sweet boy and you give the best hugs ever. We love having you as part of our family.

No comments: