Sunday, April 15, 2012

New Addition

I guess it's time to update the blog again. Over the next few days, I'll go back in time and fill you all in on what has been happening in our lives since last September. However, we have some news that should probably go out of order: we have a new addition to our family

LPJ (hereafter to be known as L2, and I will be known as L1) was born on March 17, 2012, at 4:30 am. It was a wonderful labor as R was the anesthesiologist on call that night at the hospital; he took a very keen interest in keeping my epidural working (since I know where he sleeps, it's a good thing that he did). I felt very little pain and only had to push twice before L2 was out. He was gigantic, weighing more than a pound more than A1 and more than half a pound bigger than A2 and measuring an inch bigger than A1 and about the same as A2. I think he was as happy to be out in the world as I was to have him out: he refused to cry when he was born, instead he just looked at what was around him; even when they gave him the vitamin K shot, he simply whimpered a little then went back to examining the world around him. (Don't worry; he has since discovered his crying voice and uses it every couple of hours to alert me when I haven't fed him enough!)

A1 and A2 are simply in love with him and are very sweet when they help me. They love to give him his pacifier if I'm indisposed while he cries. A1 likes to choose what clothes he will wear for the day, and A2 likes to curl up next to me while I feed him. You couldn't ask for a better brother and sister for a newborn.

No comments: