Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Blackburns Take On the Zoo

You can't go to Southern California without going to the San Diego Zoo.  Our kids love animals and love to visit the zoo, so off we went!

We spent the whole day looking at exotic animals and enjoying time together.  I mean, look at these amazing gorillas!
So beautiful, so majestic, so foreign.  All right, we did actually see a lot of animals, but who wants to be bored with pictures of animals when you obviously came here to be bored with pictures of my cute family and our wonderful non-adventures!
My poor pregnant sister had a scare with high blood pressure the day before the Zoo, so she was forced to spend the day in a wheelchair.  My kids were jealous that she got to be pushed all day, but they got over it quickly when they noticed that she didn't get to see the penguins.  We're glad that you decided to come to the Zoo anyway, Erin!
And another candid shot of my family that makes me laugh: my sister Alison serving the rest of us while we say, "Could you make me one more sandwich?"  Thanks for taking good care of us, Alison!
The Zoo, as usual, was tons of fun.  We definitely need to go back!

No comments: