Saturday, October 20, 2012

The New Bubble

Before moving away forever, we visited with family for a month in Utah.  While we were there, we went swimming with R's brother Steve and his family at the Bubble.*  What a blast we had at the indoor Lazy River...
...and the Splash Pad.
I haven't seen such huge smiles on these kids faces since the last time we went swimming before I was too pregnant to fit into my swimsuit.  And we just haven't gone since L2 was born.

Then we went to their outdoor pool, which had a really cool pirate ship with multiple water slides, water cannons to shoot, and lots of splashing.
And R was there to give the kids a lift any time they felt like the pool wasn't awesome enough.  Isn't my husband amazing?
The kids had fun swimming with their cousins...
...while I stayed on the sidelines with L2, enjoying a good book.  My dad has finally convinced me to give James Michener a try; my verdict: very good!
And the love of my life still takes my breath away when I look at him.  Don't you think he's the most handsome man you've ever seen?



*Note: the facility is no longer called the Bubble since its renovation years ago, but I refuse to call it by its true, absurdly-long name.  I grew up with it called the Bubble, and the crotchety old person in me refuses to change.

No comments: