Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Post-Graduation Vacation

As I said, this year was full of graduations, especially in the Blackburn clan.  R graduated residency, A1 graduated kindergarten, A2 graduated preschool, my niece Carmen graduated preschool, my sister Alison and her husband Casey each moved to new (and better) jobs, my sister Erin and her husband Ryan both graduated their bachelor's degree programs, Ryan got a big promotion at work, my sister Megan got a big promotion at work, and my mom turned 60.  I can't think of a better reason to go on vacation and celebrate!  So we went to Oceanside and spent a week enjoying what southern California has to offer.

We stayed at a beautiful beach house...
...where the kids had a blast digging in the sand and running from the waves.
I joined in for some of the running, and they're right, it is fun!

We also spent some time in Olde Towne (pronounced "ye oldie townie") San Diego, where my dad couldn't stop the teacher in himself.  This is the perfect representation of him, turning every moment into a teaching moment, like how to read a map.
Speaking of perfect representations, this picture just makes me laugh.  Why do my sisters insist on making funny faces for the camera?  It makes for some awesome shots, though!
I love spending time with my family.  San Diego was a lot of fun, once we figured out where the good food was.  Yum!!

No comments: